1. Breed: Labrador Retriever: Dogslife: a web-based longitudinal study of Labrador Retriever health in the UK.
See the US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health: PubMed: Abstract
| Full Article
Dogslife website: http://www.dogslife.ac.uk/
"Dogslife is a web-based epidemiological research project collecting information about the health of Kennel Club registered Labrador Retrievers born after the 1st January 2010."
- To determine the incidence (frequency) of disease in the UK Labrador Retriever dog population.
- To identify environmental risk factors for the development of the most common diseases.
- To encourage responsible pet ownership within the general dog owning public.
- To provide a platform to allow the study of canine health over a period of time (longitudinal study).
- To provide a tested framework to facilitate similar studies in other breeds.
2. Breed: Golden Retriever: The Golden Retriever Lifetime Study: Tracking health of 3000 Golden Retrievers.
The Golden Retriever Lifetime Study aims:
- To identify genetic, environmental and nutritional risk factors for cancer and other major health problems in dogs
- To learn how to better prevent, diagnose and treat cancer and other canine diseases
- To create a brighter, healthier future for all dogs