Nomination of new Board members for International Partnership for Dogs
The International Partnership for Dogs (IPFD) is a non-profit organization, registered in Sweden, initiated by a diverse group of stakeholders in the international dog world and launched in August 2014. The Board of the IPFD is comprised of individuals with respected international reputations, who represent a broad array of stakeholders in dog health, well-being, and welfare and who comprise a range of backgrounds and abilities that are needed by this organization. They sit on the Board, not as representatives of their home organizations (Founding Partners), per se, but as individuals with commitment to the mission, vision and goals of the IPFD. Further, we have included an independent member of the Board who has no formal affiliation with the Founding Partners. Board positions are voluntary; Board members who have been nominated by a Partner organization, have their costs (travel to one face meeting a year) paid by the nominating organization. Unaffiliated Board members’ costs are paid by IPFD.
As IPFD has open Board positions, we are now inviting nominations for one or more Board members. The Board holds meetings approximately five times per year; most are teleconferences. There is normally one face meeting per year, most often organised in connection with another international event like The International Dog Health Workshop (IDHW).
A potential Board member’s profile should preferably include, but not be limited to:
- Time to devote to active participation in the Board and for our Mission
- A good network within or across communities/sectors relevant to our mission, e.g., the dog world (not necessarily limited to pedigree dogs); dog welfare; cynological organizations; education; research; veterinary medicine; pet industry, etc.
- Willingness and responsibility to share knowledge from their own organization
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for IPFD
- Being well-established and well-known in their field of expertise.
- IPFD would benefit from expertise in one or more of these areas: the business/ management of non-profit organizations, fundraising, marketing/communications, strategic planning, etc.
As IPFD has been successful in the first few years of its existence, we look now to establish a sustainable and expanding presence. Please read more in our 2018 Annual Report. The report and links within will be informative for prospective nominees.
Please submit your nomination with a short CV of the candidate (including name, title(s), affiliations(s)/organization(s), and contact information) to the Chair of the IPFD Board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations are open until all vacant positions have been filled, but we encourage you to submit your nominations as soon as possible.